Friday, October 14, 2016

Fall In (Love With) New York

New York has been my big inspiration for a while - I am sure I am not the only one with this. If I had to pick one season, fall would be the time to visit this city. I want to see the stylish Brooklyn brownstones, feel the vibe of the buzzing Manhattan and take a walk in the leafy Central Park. Many films and series picked the Big Apple as their shooting location, I can hardly tell my favourite, but there is one I loved last year, and it was The Intern.
The movie made me drooling for brick walls, subway tiles and the eclectic chic of industrial and classy. Production designer Kristi Zea did a stellar job on the sets of the film, but instead of the movie's cool colours I was inspired by a warm palette here just to keep the autumn theme. The moss green sofa is in nice contrast with the burnt orange and rust colours of the rug and the brick wall. For a bit of sparkle I added a lamp in warm copper tone. The dark shades in the paining bring back the dark colour of the vase and the plaid; I could also place an old fashioned black cabinet with glass inserts somewhere in the room.  
Interior Mood Board

No comments:

Post a Comment